- What is Podcasting?
Podcasting is the creation and posting of a recorded audio program, made available to the general public. The Apple Podcast (formerly iTunes) store boasts more than 750,000 podcasts, covering a variety of topics (...and quality...). The use of podcasting is used for a variety of goals, including sharing a passion for a particular topic, promoting a business, and even as a way to generate income. The more popular podcasts are published weekly and enjoy having a listenership in the millions.
- But I HATE Hearing My Own Voice...
Everybody does (except, of course, for that one annoying co-worker who thinks she's destined for stardom...) - but do you hate it enough to let an opportunity pass you by? With the help of our seasoned producers and their coaching, you'll be encouraged throughout the entire process. Besides, you're not your audience - others are - and they're waiting to hear from you!
- How Often Do I Need to Produce a Podcast?
Consistency is the key in podcast production. Without having a regular publishing schedule, your show will have a tough time trying to gain and keep listeners. There are, however, several ways of achieving this consistency without actually having to record and post a new episode each week. Talk with our team about developing a release strategy.
- How Can Podcasting Help My Business?
Unlike other forms of marketing, podcasting is comparatively inexpensive given the connection you're able to make with your listeners. Unlike web ads, print ads, and even postcards, a podcast allows you to deliver a crafted and powerful message on a regular basis. There are many ways in which a quality production can positively impact your business, and these articles from these recognizable sources lend insight: Entrepreneur Magazine and Forbes Magazine.
- Can I Make Money From My Podcast?
A high quality production can produce revenue streams. Such streams include traditional advertising on your podcast, as well as sites such as Ko-Fi, Patreon, and more.
- What's Required To Have a Quality Podcast?
Granted, there are many ways to answer this question, and every answer will have its own level of subjectivity. However, contrary to many click-bait articles online, producing a high quality production will demand more than plugging a cheap lapel microphone into your smartphone and hitting record. The basics of a quality podcast include:
- A catchy name that let's the listener know what the podcast is about (and isn't similar to other podcasts already on the market)
- Matching web domain and social media handles
- A branded logo and artwork
- Royalty-free music and/or voice talent (for intros and outros)
- A place to publish your podcast online (Note: Apple Podcasts does not 'host' your podcast, they merely act as an aggregate and pull your podcast from your site). When it comes to a podcast site, there are a variety of options available, from free to very costly. Our team is happy to help you pick the one that's best for you.
- A calendar that includes recording dates, release dates, and content ideas
- Quality recording gear (see ours here)
- A quality recording space that limits foreign noises
- Post production software, such as Adobe Audition, Apple Garageband, or Audacity
- How Do I Get Listeners?
There are a number of ways to gain a following, and much like the other aspects of podcast production, budget, time and personal goals will play a part in gaining an audience. Our team is well-versed in the various and creative ways to help your podcast gain traction and are happy to help design a plan tailored to your unique circumstance.